We are incredibly excited to share with you that our crowdfunding campaign to print All that Wonder magazine was a huge success!
Our initial target of $5000 to cover most of the printing costs was reached in about two weeks. But it didn’t stop there. Our amazing supporters went on to raise a whopping $9,610 by the time the campaign ended on Friday November 1. That’s right! 89 people gave between $5 and $1300 to make this project happen. And this means that we can also recover the costs of design and layout, watercolour portraits, admin expenses and professional proofreading, as well as some future expenses such as book launch costs, distribution and publicity.
We are so thankful!
This project is new for us in more ways than one. We’ve never printed a magazine before. And we’ve never used crowdfunding to achieve a fundraising goal before. So we want to say a massive thank you to you, our people, for the confidence you have shown in directing your generosity to us. We don’t take it for granted, and we will steward your resources well.
Where’s the magazine at?
We’re in the very final stages of preparing the magazine for print. Last minute proof-reading, some design tweaks, adding final details – including the names of VIP pledgers from our crowdfunding. Your names will be on page four! We are also firming up the details for the magazine’s launch in March next year, in Brisbane. So excited about that – more details to come.
Wait… what’s All that Wonder?
The magazine-style publication is a collection of stories, articles, artwork and graphics designed to engage people with the life topic in an easy and beautiful way. Published by Emily’s Voice, it will be inspirational and practical.
Our goal is that people will use the magazine as a means of being educated, inspired and mobilised for life.
In practical terms, All that Wonder is:
- A magazine that you’ll be proud to have on your coffee table!
- 104 pages, full colour, 210 x 274mm, on quality matte stock.
- Printed locally (not off-shore).
- Includes 20 real stories (many first-person accounts) of people who have faced an unplanned pregnancy. These are accompanied by watercolour portraits.
- Relevant and up-to-date information on where Australia sits in the life issue.
- Empowering reads on how every person can make a difference.
- A strong focus on how true culture change happens at a grassroots level, when we are proactive in our circles of influence.
- Collaborative artworks supplied by friends of Emily’s Voice.
- Copies will be available to purchase from March 2020.
- Retail price is $18.95.
Want to stay up to date?
Join the Movement for Life and we’ll make sure you’re kept in the loop!